Smoothies are very popular breakfast options. This recipe helps you prepare a rich creamy keto avocado smoothie made with ginger and tumeric. Avocado makes the smoothie taste delicious while at the same time add all the nutritiousness contained in avocado. It contains heart healthy monounsaturated fat, Vitamin K, magnesium and potassium.
Ginger and turmeric are both powerful antioxidants and contain anti-inflammatory compounds. They’ve both been studied extensively in their effect on certain cancers. So, it’s my hope that this low carb avocado coconut milk smoothie with ginger and turmeric is as healthy as it is delicious
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total
Servings: 2Calories: 208kcal A rich creamy low carb coconut milk avocado smoothie made with detox ingredients like ginger and turmeric, both high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Sugar free and high in good fats, it’s perfect for those on a healthy low carb keto diet
- 1/2 avocado (3-4 oz)
- 3/4 cup full – fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (about 1/2 inch piece)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 cup crushed ice (or more for a thicker smoothie)
- sugar-free sweetener to taste
- Add the first 6 ingredients to a blender and blend on low-speed until smooth.
- Add crushed ice and sweetener. Blend on high until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness and tartness per your taste buds. Makes 2 avocado smoothies. Nutritional information per 1 smoothie.
- NOTE: Adding a pinch of black pepper will make the curcumin in the turmeric more bioavailable and doesn’t impact the taste.
Keto Avocado Smoothie With Coconut Milk, Ginger, and Turmeric
Amount Per Serving Calories 208
Calories from Fat 189%
Daily Value*Total Fat 21g 32%Sodium 3mg 0%Potassium 900mg 26%Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%Dietary Fiber 1g 4%Protein 1g 2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 21g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 1g